At Bridge Nursery we follow a Care, Learning and Play statement, detailed below.
All our staff are friendly, approachable and have a positive attitude. They treat all the children as individuals giving them praise and reassurance, encouraging them to try new activities and to be adventurous.
- We encourage a positive relationship with parents by giving them the opportunity to talk with staff.
- We encourage children to respect their peers and staff, teaching them that strong feelings are acceptable, and helping them to understand the feelings of others.
- We set fair and consistent boundaries, helping the children learn what is right and wrong through appropriate activities.
- We provide a mixture of different play and areas for quiet time. We provide good examples of language, non-verbal communication, talking and listening times and games.
- We encourage children to express their imagination and creativity with enquiring minds, in listening to music, playing instruments, role play, acting out stories, dancing and moving to music, responding to their senses, painting, drawing and other craft activities.