The level of care and development that your child receives whilst in our care is of the utmost importance to us here at Bridge Nursery; therefore we strive to employ the highest calibre staff ensuring that they are passionate about their chosen profession, and hold professional childcare qualifications.
In order for you to appreciate our commitment and knowledge, below is a brief summary of some of the areas covered whilst completing childcare qualifications.
- Plan and equip environments for children
- Plan, implement and evaluate learning activities and experiences
- Observe and assess the development and behaviour of children
- Promote children’s language and communication development
- Promote children’s sensory and intellectual development
- Promote children’s social and emotional development
- Promote physical development of children
- Promote a framework for the management of behaviour
- Provide for children’s physical needs
- Contribute to the protection of children from abuse
- Establish and maintain relationships with parents
- Promote the care and education of children with special needs
- Support parents in developing their parenting skills
- Care for and promote the development of babies
We generally have one or two trainees at most that will be working towards their childcare qualification. All staff are first aid trained and hold a Criminal Records Bureau check. We also make sure that all staff regularly receive up to date training on all new developments in the early years childcare industry.
A guide to some of the governing bodies that provide qualifications in childcare:
NVQ – National Vocational Qualifications (work related competence–based qualification)
CACHE – Council for Awards in Children’s Education
NNEB – Nursery Nurse Examinations Board