Ashford School Excels - again
Ashford School has been judged excellent or outstanding in every one of the 15 categories in a March 2014 inspection by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).
No other independent school in England has simultaneously received such an evaluation for all parts of the school encompassing the Early Years (Bridge, Nursery and Reception), Junior and Senior schools and Boarding.
The results of the inspection testify that Ashford School offers an outstanding education where "pupils are excellent learners who enjoy their work" and where "pupils make excellent progress". The inspection report comments further that "pupils' creativity is exceptional" and that "teaching fosters higher level thinking and application, enabling pupils to progress rapidly."
The programme of more than 80 co-curricular activities is judged outstanding; the careers guidance in the Senior School is exceptional; and pupils show excellent moral awareness.
You can read the full report by clicking on the relevant document on the left; other excerpts include:
- The most able pupils in the Prep School develop exceptional vocabulary, comprehension and enjoyment of reading;
- Pupils also achieve high standards in activities;
- Pupils work extremely well together;
- The range of sporting and creative activities is very good. There is an outstanding programme of extra-curricular activities;
- Pupils show an excellent moral awareness. They welcome challenge and show emotional maturity;
- Standards of behaviour are excellent; the pupils are considerate and courteous;
- Pupils show great concern for those less fortunate than themselves;
- Pupils of many different faiths, cultures and nationalities integrate happily together... They are compassionate, self-reliant, confident, articulate and respectful;
- The quality of boarding is excellent.
Quick links: Bridge, Nursery, Reception, Year 7, Sixth Form