Ashford School (boys and girls age 11 -18 years)
Age 11+ (entry into Year 7)
Pupils admitted to the Senior School are above national average academically and 60% are in the top quartile of ability. Pupils are expected to reach Level 4/5 in the National Curriculum SATs at Key Stage 2.
Admission at 11+ from pupils not in the Prep School is by assessment test and report from a candidate's previous school. Assessment tests at 11+ (Year 7) for entry in September 2017 take place on Friday 13 January 2017 at Ashford School. If you would like your child to be considered for a place please contact our Registrar Mrs Rachael Cox on 01233 739030.
The tests consist of:
- An English test which includes spelling, comprehension and extended writing
- A Maths test requiring short worked answers covering national curriculum topics
- A Science test requiring short worked answers covering national curriculum topics (see sample test and specification)
- An Non-Verbal Reasoning (NVR) test requiring responses to multiple choice questions
- A team building exercise requiring the ability to work effectively with others
Approximately 15 boys and 15 girls are admitted at this age to join the pupils who transfer without testing from our Prep School to make up a year group of 50-60 pupils. These pupils will be taught in three or four classes of between 16 - 24 pupils each depending on the subject.