Ashford School (boys and girls age 11 -18 years)
Age 13+ (entry into Year 9)
We expect to admit pupils who will reach at least Level 6 in the National Curriculum subjects at the end of Key Stage 3 or to score 55+ in CE examinations. Approximately 15 additional girls and boys are admitted at this age to join the 50-60 pupils in Year 8. The offer of a place is not subject to performance in the Common Entrance Examination and candidates from schools that do not prepare pupils for Common Entrance are welcomed.
Admission at 13+ is by assessment test and report from a candidate's previous school. Assessment tests for 13+ (Year 9) for entry in September 2017 take place on Friday 13 January 2017 at Ashford School. If you would like your child to be considered for a place please contact our Registrar Mrs Rachael Cox on 01233 739030.
The tests consist of:
- An English test which includes spelling, comprehension and extended writing
- A Maths test requiring short worked answers covering national curriculum topics
- A Science test requiring short worked answers covering national curriculum topics
- A Non-Verbal Reasoning (NVR) test requiring responses to multiple choice questions
- A team building exercise requiring the ability to work effectively with others