Ashford School – Covid-19 Reopening Update:
We are currently open for our three Nurseries, Reception, Years 1, 2 and 6 children and we intend to welcome back our other Prep School children on the following dates:
- Year 4 – Monday 29 June – Wednesday 1 July
- Year 5 – Thursday 2 July – Monday 6 July
- Year 3 – Tuesday 7 July – Thursday 9 July
We have also started offering sessions for our Year 10 and 12 children on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and our focus for all other years groups is very much on our Online Learning; however, we are exploring how we might bring more year groups back to School before the end of the summer term.
For September 2020, we are currently planning for two scenarios.
- 1) That the School will reopen fully, and that we will provide all our lessons, in class, as usual.
- 2) That the School will partially reopen, and that we will have to offer a blended curriculum of in-class and online lessons. While we are very keen to reopen to all pupils as soon as we possibly can, our decision will be led by Government guidelines and how best we can keep our pupils and staff safe.
Prep School Online Learning Guidance:
Senior School Online Learning Guidance:
The Department for Education has launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687 (Opening hours: 8am to 6pm- Monday to Friday)
You can also read the latest advice from Public Health England here.