Spanning three floors of Somerville at the Senior School site, the Learning Resource Centre provides a wealth of material to pupils and staff. As well as our extensive collection of fiction and non-fiction books, we offer a wide range of DVDs and subject-related periodicals. The Librarians are available each day from 08:00 until 18:00 and are always happy to help with research, recommend books and enthuse about reading.
Behaviour in the LRC
- Please remember that the LRC is a place for silent study.
- No eating or drinking is allowed.
- Mobile phones may not be used.
- The chairs and tables must not be moved.
- Respect other Library users.
- Be quiet when passing through the LRC to reach other areas of the School.
- Items must be issued by a Librarian.
- Library materials must not be removed from the LRC without being issued.
- Books may be borrowed for a period of four weeks.
- DVDs may be borrowed for a period of 3 days.
- Items may be renewed unless required by another borrower.
- Years 7, 8 and 9 may borrow up to 4 items at any one time.
- Years 10 and 11 may borrow up to 6 items.
- Years 12 and 13 may borrow up to 10 items.
- Pupils will be charged the full replacement cost of any lost or damaged items.
All returned Library materials should be placed in the locked Returns Box in the side room on the ground floor.
If you want an item that is not available, please ask the Librarians. If an item is on loan we will reserve it for you. We are always happy to receive requests or suggestions for new stock.
During the current pandemic, pupils may only borrow items at break and lunchtime. Hand sanitiser must be used before and after touching items. Returned items must be placed in the Returns Box in the side room on the ground floor. These will be quarantined for 72 hours before being replaced on the shelves.
Year 12 pupils may study on the middle and top floors during lesson times. At break and lunchtime, they must go to their designated forms areas so that other years can access the LRC resources. Pupils must leave the LRC as soon as they have signed out their items with a Librarian.
Remember to stay in your year group bubbles at all times and follow the one-way system.