The Ashford School Association (ASA) is the alumni society for all former pupils and former members of staff of Ashford School, Ashford Girls’ School and Friars Prep School.
The ASA exists to help its members stay in touch with each other and the School, and provides a powerful forum for contact, advice and information. Membership is free and automatic upon leaving School.
We are always delighted to hear from our members, so if you have news, a request for information, or would like to support the ASA in its activities, please get in touch with one of our contacts.
The Alumni and Development Office
|Hannah Pinney (Squires, 2011)
Alumni and Development Manager
The ASA Committee
The ASA Committee are your representatives and meet once a term at Ashford School. Currently, they are:
- ASA President: Carolyn Chamberlain (née Nelms, Nightingale, 1960)
- ASA Vice-President: Norma Smyth (Former Deputy Head, 1998)
- ASA Chairman: Julie Piper (Knights, 1979)
- ASA Hon. Treasurer: Nicky Brightling (née Clarke, Knights, 1986)
- ASA Hon. Secretary: Hannah Pinney (Squires, 2011)
- ASA Former Staff Reps: Rosie Ball (Former Teacher of Psychology)
- ASA Reps: Gary McCartan (Friars), John Abadom (Friars, 1987), Helen Fairley (Yeomen, 2003), Tom Vafidis (Friars, 2006), Alex Playford (Knights, 2007), Rose Berry (Pilgrims, 2008), Toby Harris (Franklins, 2013), and Callum Thomas (Squires, 2013)
- Archivists: Jenny Watson-Bore (Former Teacher of English, 2010), Angela Burrill (Former Teacher of English), Sandy Wootton (Former Assistant Librarian), & Mairi Goodman (Current Parent)
- ASA School Tie Volunteers: Chantal Weller (Yeomen, 2019)
- ASA Prefect: Charlotte (Yeomen)
If you would like to join the Committee, or are simply interested in becoming more involved, please contact the Alumni Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minutes from the last few meetings can be found below.