Welcome to the Ashford School Association – Your Alumni Connection
The Ashford School Association (ASA) proudly serves as the alumni society for former pupils and former staff members of Ashford School, Ashford Girls’ School, and Friars Prep School.
We’re committed to helping our members maintain meaningful connections with each other and our school. We provide an active platform for networking, advice, and sharing valuable information. Membership is automatic and FREE, granted to you when leaving the School.
We cherish every opportunity to engage with our members. If you have exciting updates to share, a request for information, or a desire to contribute to the ASA, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Stay connected, stay informed, and let’s continue building our community together!
Hannah Strassburg (née Bilcliffe, Franklins, 2005)
Alumni & Development Manager
The ASA Committee
The ASA Committee are your representatives and meet once a term at Ashford School. Currently, they are:
- ASA President: Carolyn Chamberlain (née Nelms, Nightingale, 1960)
- ASA Vice-President: Norma Smyth (Former Deputy Head, 1998)
- ASA Chairman: Alex Playford (Knights, 2007)
- ASA Hon. Treasurer: Rachel Wilcox (née Hopkins, Pilgrims, 2007)
- ASA Hon. Secretary: Julie Piper (Knights, 1979)
- ASA Friars Reps: Gary McCartan (Friars), John Abadom (Friars, 1987), Tom Vafidis (Friars, 2006),
- ASA Reps: Helen Fairley (Yeomen, 2003), Rose Berry (Pilgrims, 2008), Hannah Pinney (Squires, 2011), Toby Harris (Franklins, 2013), Callum Thomas (Squires, 2013), Charlotte Martin (Yeomen, 2022)
- Archivists: Jenny Watson-Bore (Former Teacher of English, 2010), Angela Burrill (Former Teacher of English), Sandy Wootton (Former Assistant Librarian), Julia Smith (Former Receptionist) & Mairi Goodman (Current Parent)
- ASA School Tie Volunteers: Chantal Weller (Yeomen, 2019)
- ASA Prefect: Bruce D
If you would like to join the Committee, or are simply interested in becoming more involved, please contact the Alumni Office at [email protected].
Minutes from our last meeting can be found below.