Prep School Prefects
All children moving into Year 6 are invited to apply for positions of responsibility through writing a letter to the Head of Prep outlining why they would be great in that particular role. Small groups of children meet the Head of Prep and Deputies in order to talk about their letters and discuss any ideas they might have. From this, roles are allocated with the following responsibilities:
- To uphold and share our ‘Always be Caring’ values
- Represent the School in services and events
- Hold regular meetings with prefects to ensure that they are making the most of their roles and are clear what their roles entail
- Be available to meet special guests to the School
- Attend School Council in order to hear pupil voice
- Deliver an end of year speech at our prizegiving ceremony
Deputy Head Girls/Boys
These children are attached to specific areas of school life, i.e. EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage), Enrichments, Pastoral and Academic and work closely with the member of staff in charge of that area to give the children’s voice.
House captains work in each house to organise and run theme days as well as champion each house’s numerous team sports. House captains undergo play leader training to support their peers at break times through running games and activities.
Prefects work closely with Head of Department in order to understand how the subject/area works and provide support and feedback from the student body. Prefects are allocated across the School in academic subjects and School sections to support with the daily running of the School.