Named after Lady Brabourne, governor, benefactor, and parent at Ashford School, Brabourne House sits on the main School site, adjacent to the swimming pool and a few steps from the Refectory.
It is a purpose-built boarding house with capacity for 63 girls from Year 7 to Year 13. There are 47 rooms, the majority of which have en-suite facilities. All the rooms on top floor of the boarding house were newly refurbished in December 2019.
The house has two common rooms, two kitchens, a number of cosy seating areas distributed around the house, a front yard and a back garden, a laundry room with washing machines and dryers. In the common rooms we have two large screen TVs, computers, a large football table, an air hockey table, and a piano as well as other musical instruments.
We hold regular house events in our common rooms, from Pizza & Movie Nights and Hot Chocolate Evenings to our famous “Halloween Party”. Brabourne is the undisputed winner of the Ashford School Gingerbread House making competition. There is a true sense of community in the house.
The staff in Brabourne House are engaged and empathetic and truly care about the girls and their well-being. This is key to generating the nurturing environment we pride ourselves on. We aim to create a home for our girls and a sense of family and trust.
- Mrs Paola Sagastuy, Houseparent, Faculty Leader for Languages
- Miss Pam Spicer, Assistant Houseparent
- Miss Heather Loughlin, Resident Tutor, Head of German
- Mrs Nicole Rayner, Non-resident Tutor, Head of Art
- Miss Katy Reynolds, Non-resident Tutor
- Dr Kirsten Dickers, Resident Tutor, Higher Education, Careers, and Research Leader