Welcome to the PFA page!
Who Are The PFA and What Do they Do?
The PFA is a registered charity run voluntarily by parents, staff and friends of the School. We are a whole School inclusive committee so all parents are invited.
All profits made by the charity and donations given are used to fund quality resources, equipment and exciting events that advance the development of the pupils attending Ashford School and further enrich our children’s school experience.
The PFA would like to welcome our two new committee members John Wordon, the new Vice Chair for the Senior School, and Roz Booth, the new Treasurer. Thank you to all who showed interest in joining the PFA committee.
The PFA Committee are:
Chair: Henrietta Sawdon
Deputy Chair: Michelle Krawczyk
Vice Chair for the Senior School: John Wordon
Treasurer: Rozalind Booth
Secretary: Lisa Watson
Fundraising and Events
There are so many opportunities to be involved with the PFA. The PFA run a full year of exciting fund-raising events for both parents, friends and children.
Some of the ongoing activities and events we are involved in and have hosted across the last year are:-
- Secondhand School Uniform Shop
- The PFA Coffee Box
- School Discos
- Christmas Fair
- Christmas Wreath Making
- End of Term Treats
Over the last 18 months the PFA have proudly agreed to the funding of the following School projects:
- Protective canopy for the Forest School firepit area at the Prep School
- Two swimming race starting blocks at the Senior School
- Swim lane lines at the Senior School
- Four 8ft mini hockey goals for the Prep School
- Four branded protective covers for the Netball posts at the Prep School
- Outdoor table tennis tables at the Senior School
- Aquaponics system at the Senior School Biology Dept
- Picnic benches for the Prep School pavilion area
- Benches for swimming pool area at Prep School
- Conference table and chairs for the Senior School Somerville Library
- Equipment for a colour run event at Prep School
- Year 6 leavers books
- Branded music choir folders
- Further books and beanbags in the Global Perspectives area at Prep School
- Update of the Quad area of the Prep School (pre-prep childrens’ playground)
We do hope you and your children have enjoyed some of these items that are now in use at both Schools.
We couldn’t offer these wonderful items without your kind donations and your offers to volunteer to help at our fundraising events. We truly appreciate.
Please Come and Join Us
If you are keen to be involved in what we do, giving your views and ideas, helping us with your skills and talents, we’d love to see you at our meetings. You can also email us on [email protected].
Our next meeting is on 24 April 2024 – 19.00 at the Senior School. We’d love to see you there.